2021 Summer Semester Flying Robot Project Team C Article 4June 16, 2021 The University of Tokyo


There are three main things we did this week. First, we cut black paper according to the full-scale blueprints we used last week to make the frames for the vertical and horizontal tail fins, and used diluted bonds to attach them to the frames.
Next, we used the laser cutter to cut out some of the necessary parts. We tried to use the wood as much as possible, but some of the parts didn't fit into the wood. Cutting out the parts with the laser cutter is time-consuming, so I wanted to make as few mistakes as possible... We will need to cut out the necessary parts again next week.
Finally, the foam for the body was cut out using an electric heating wire. For this, We used the original parts cut out in the previous work as a formwork. Next week, We will work on the fuselage and the main wings.