2019 Spring Semester Flying Robot Project Team D Article 5June 05, 2019


In the last class, a power module was broken and we couldn’t fix it. We ordered a new one at an online shop but we haven’t received it yet. So, we borrowed it from other team. Today’s minimum strategy is to complete developing of motor-control systems.
First, we connected the power module to Pixhawk, then connect motors and a battery. It seemed so easy, but, to our surprise, Pixhawk and didn’t start even though we connected each device correctly.
After a while, we realized the cause of this. This was because of the low voltage of the battery! We changed the battery and then we could start them up. Pixhawk was connected to PC and calibrated. A transmitter was also calibrated and configured.
Now we start an operation test. Finally, the motors were moving! Yeah!
ーWe thought like that at first, but we realized that only two of four motors were running. We examined the connection between devices again but no problems found. Also, as we increase the thrust by pushing forward the knob of the transmitter, the other motors started to move. We concluded that connection was not a cause of this situation. To tell the truth, we still don’t know the cause, but we decided to make a body of multicopter first.
Using Fusion360, we started designing a part that connects mainframes made of carbon tube. We are going to use laser printer and assemble those parts in the next class.