2018 Summer Semester Flying Robot Project Team C Article 2May 23, 2018


We finished the vertical tail, the horizontal tail . The horizontal tail was nearly complete in the previous week, so I just added some rework. The vertical tail finished at a good work speed because we were accustomed to make progress in the horizontal stabilizer and were used to it.Therefore, I decided to start on the aileron of the main wing. However, one problem occurred here. Balsa's bar, the main building material, had run out. Our C team was going to make a fuselage like a that of a previous multicopter and fixed wing aircraft. In order to increase the rigidity, a thicker balsa was used. There were few balsa of that size in the production room, and materials had run out as soon as possible. However, in anticipation of this, I found a balsa board, so I managed to cut it out and make a stick. There are two patterns in how to cut out. First, cut out the bar from the plate manually. Because this is done with a cutter and a ruler, it is difficult to cut out perfectly. Second, using a laser cutter. This is more accurate than manual work. However, since there was only one laser cutter in the production room, there was a disadvantage that the waiting time was long. As a result of a brief review, I decided to cut out balsa with a laser cutter while doing other work in the time to wait for the laser cutter. I waited quite a while, but eventually I got a lot of Balsa sticks. The progress of this week was not much, but I would like to do my best next week. 私たちは垂直尾翼、水平尾翼を仕上げた。水平尾翼の方は前の週にほぼ完成していたので、多少の手直しを加えるだけだった。垂直尾翼の方も、水平尾翼を作り終えて慣れていたのか、良い作業速度で進めることができた。 そのため、主翼のエルロンに取り掛かることにした。 しかし、ここで一つの問題が生じた。主な建材であるバルサの棒が足りなくなってしまったのだ。 自分たちCチームは、マルチコプター と固定翼機の合いの子のような機体を作る予定だ。剛性を高めるために、太めのバルサを使用していた。そのサイズのバルサは製作室に少なく、早くも材料が尽きてしまったのだ。 しかし、このことを見越してバルサの板を調達していたので、どうにかそれを切り出して棒を作ることにした。 切り出し方には2パターンある。 一つ目に、手作業で板から棒を切り出すこと。これはカッターと定規で行うため、どうしてもピッタリの太さに切り出すのは難しい。二つ目に、レーザーカッターを用いること。これは手作業に比べて精度は良い。しかし、レーザーカッターは製作室に1台しかないので、待ち時間が長いという欠点があった。 少し検討した結果、レーザーカッターを待つ時間で他の作業をしつつ、レーザーカッターでバルサを切り出すことにした。 かなり待ったが、最終的には綺麗なバルサ棒が大量に手に入った。 今週の進捗は微妙だったが、次週以降も頑張っていきたい。