2016 summer semester Flying Robot Project 4th Team DMay 04, 2016


[Summary of a weekly work]
 First we learned how to use CATIA, one computer-aided design software. We watched the teacher use it and we designed some simple patterns with CATIA. Second, we received the initial three-view layout we handed in last week and corrected by assistant teachers, and we started modifying it. They pointed out that our plane flies too fast and its aspect ratio is too high as a low-speed aircraft, so we changed these numbers and recalculated wing area necessary to get enough lift. Then we redesigned the wing that fulfills the condition. Further, as we changed the aspect ratio of the wing, we changed that of the horizontal stabilizer to keep the posture of the plane when it stalls.

Ability to use CATIA.
More sophisticated three-view layout.

We did not have enough time to talk about problems on our plane.
All members did not participate in the work.
We did not started the modifying work until the day we must hand it in.

Yuya Miyamoto
Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics